Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday thoughts after Auburn

Following our home run bing this past Sunday at Kentucky, I was thinking we were getting hot at the plate. Then 3 games in a row of not even scoring! Rock bottom.

Today we scratched out a win. I certainly didn't see us at 3-6 at this point. I predicted 6-3.

These players have certainly had their downs this season, pitchers and hitters. Which begs me to think they will come out of this bad spell and really play well. These guys have learned a lot. They have plenty of talent to win many more games.

I think John Cohen may have settled on the infield. Seniors Wes Rea at 1B, Seth Heck at 3B, junior John Holland at 2B and freshman phenom Ryan Gridley at SS. Holland is starting to get hot at the plate which we really needed.

I really think JC transfer Michael Smith needs more PT. He is extremely talented. He, Cody Brown, Jacob Robson, and Jake Vickerson should be the OF the rest of the season.

We have finally getting quality starts from our pitchers.

A huge boost is having Gavin Collins back in the everyday lineup. He will only get better.

I truly believe we will get hot at the plate and everything will come together. Once we get into the SECT, RPI and record come into play. We can get an at large bid and play to get to Omaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment